- 2 cucumbers
- 1 bunch of white celery
- 1 to 3 teaspoons MCT oil (see tips)
- 1 handful parsley and/or cilantro (optional)
- 2 handfuls leafy greens: spinach, chard, kale, radish greens… (optional)
- 1 lime or ½ lemon (optional)
- 1 knob of fresh ginger (optional)
Would you like to have more energy, a flatter belly and glowing skin?
This Green Detox Juice is one of the most powerful drinks you can have to reduce inflammation, cleanse your liver, support gut healing and improve your body’s ph balance.
If you add a spoonful of pure C8 MCT oil from coconut, it will also help you to burn fat for fuel and super boost your energy!
The base of this green detox juice is a mix of fresh celery juice and cucumber, both fabulous sources of mineral salts that have been shown to support your kidney function, adrenal glands, digestive tract ánd central nervous system.
By adding a spoonful of C8 MCT oil, you will help your body to absorb those precious mineral salts and make it easier for your liver to produce ketones for energy, your brain’s favorite fuel.
It’s also a great drink to support your immune system and protect yourself against the flu and colds.
You can have the cucumber and celery juice straight (preferably on an empty stomach) or you can add other detoxifying ingredients such as parsley or cilantro, leafy greens, lime and fresh ginger.
I hope it will bring you great mental clarity and help you to wake up feeling refreshed and energized!
PS: what other recipes or information would you like to see on the blog? Savory meals, desserts, breakfast, tips for intermittent fasting… Leave a comment down below.
Green Detox Juice for Fat Burning & Energy (Vegan, Paleo, Sugar Free, Keto option)
- Feed the ingredients one at a time into the slow juicer. Serve the juice as fresh as possible.
- Don’t have a slow juicer at home? You can use a high-speed blender too. Just place all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add a few spoonfuls of water to get everything blended.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve, nut milk bag or cheesecloth over a mixing bowl. Pour the smoothie into the sieve. Use a spoon to press the pulp against the strainer to extract as much juice as possible.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS
- The fresher you drink your green juice, the better. You can store it in the fridge for 24 hours but it will have lost part of the nutrients.
- MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides) is one of the best sources of fuel for your brain. It will also support your fat-burning metabolism and reduce cravings for sweet snacks (only pure C8 like our ALL GOOD MCT oil has these benefits).
- Start with 1 teaspoon of MCT oil if you’ve never used it before and build it up to 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons). This way you’ll give your digestion the time to adjust (MCT oil can overstimulate your gut if your body isn’t used to it, great to relieve constipation).
- Are you serving this juice to children? You could add some apple, pear, orange or pineapple to make it more palatable and sweeter to taste.
Have you heard of the celery juice trend and tried it yourself?
Would you like more info on the benefits of green vegetable juices?
Leave a comment down below.