Looking for easy vegan keto dessert recipes and low carb breakfast ideas? Today I’ve got a triple chocolate treat in store for you: ‘Nutella’ Mousse with Chocolate Hazelnut Keto Granola!
It’s sugar free, dairy free and super easy to make. All you need is 5 ingredients and 5 minutes :) Enjoy it as a festive dessert with a handful of berries, or as cozy weekend breakfast treat.
Not a fan of hazelnut? You can replace the hazelnut butter with almond butter, pecan nut butter or even macadamia nut butter for an extra decadent treat. Cashew butter would work well too (it’s a bit higher in carbohydrates). I use coconut cream from canned full-fat coconut milk, but feel free to use your favorite whipping cream. If you want to use coconut, make sure to put your can of coconut milk in the fridge at least 24 hours in advance (2-3 days is even better).
I like to top this dessert with our newest ALL GOOD Chocolate Hazelnut Keto Granola, the perfect crunchy topping to a silky smooth mousse. The granola is made with hemp seeds, organic hazelnut butter, pumpkin seeds, raw cacao and more goodness. It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free and doesn’t contain any added sugars. Perfect if you’re eating low carb or keto, but still want to enjoy sweet treats.
Would you love to find out more or taste our new keto granola? You can find the nutritional info & order your bag right HERE.
Enjoy the Nutella mousse and talk to you soon!
PS: Want to join us during our last ‘Go Keto’ workshop this year? Join us Thursday night November 28th in Antwerp for a keynote + 2 live cooking demos + Q&A in collaboration with Feeling Magazine! Including keto finger food and a fun goodie bag :) The workshop is almost fully booked so make sure to reserve your seat by clicking HERE.
‘Nutella’ Mousse with Chocolate Hazelnut Keto Granola (Vegan, Keto, Low Carb)
- Put the can of full-fat coconut milk at least 24h in the refrigerator so the cream has time to harden and separate from the coconut water (make sure not to shake the can).
- One hour prior to making the dessert, you can place your mixing bowl and mixer in the freezer for a firmer end result.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thickened cream into the chilled mixing bowl. You can use the liquid coconut water in smoothies and chia pudding, or enjoy it as a post-workout recovery drink.
- Beat the coconut cream for about 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Add the hazelnut butter and sweetener to taste, and mix again until smooth. I also like to add a few pinches of sea salt.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. It will firm up even more in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate ‘au bain marie’ in a double boiler (or in a bowl on top of a pot with hot water).
- Serve the ‘Nutella’ mousse with the melted chocolate and ALL GOOD Chocolate Hazelnut Keto Granola or finely chopped hazelnuts (you could lightly roast them on medium heat to bring out the nutty flavor even more).
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
Now I would love to hear from you!
What are your favorite desserts and treats for the holidays? Would you like me to create a low carb/keto version?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Nutritional value (per person for the Nutella mousse without keto granola)
Net carbs 3.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, Fats 30.1 g, Calories 318 kcal
Nutritional value (per person for the Nutella mousse with 2 tablespoons keto granola)
Net carbs 4.7 g, Protein 8.9 g, Fats 39 g, Calories 415.5 kcal