- 1 cup (120 g) macadamia nuts
- 1 cup (80 g) coconut flakes (or shredded coconut), unsweetened
- ½ cup (75 g) strawberries, fresh or thawed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 to 4 teaspoons erythritol (or xylitol, stevia)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt + ground vanilla bean
- ½ tablespoon shredded coconut, unsweetened (garnish)
- 1 handful (freeze-dried) strawberry slices (optional, for garnish)
Can you believe we’ve already come to the end of our Go Keto challenge? This week is dedicated to sugar free desserts and sweet treats.
I’ve chosen a summery recipe from the new book: Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs.
They make a great snack to beat cravings for sweets because they’re loaded with healthy fats so they’ll help to keep your blood sugar level stable and step out of the ‘sugar rollercoaster’.
I love making these vegan cheesecake squares with strawberries when they’re in season but feel free to experiment with other berries too, like raspberries, blackberries, kiwi berries, black currants… You can serve them straight out of the freezer or lightly thawed – I prefer them ice cold.
The book also has loads of other sugar free desserts and sweet snacks, including carrot cake, vegan vanilla ice cream, waffles with coconut whipped cream… Enough low carb treats to satisfy your sweet tooth :)
Enjoy the strawberry cheesecake fat bombs and have a fun Summer holiday!
Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs (Vegan, Keto)
- Grind the macadamia nuts into coarse flour using a small food processor fitted with an S-blade.
- Add the coconut flakes, strawberries and melted coconut oil. Mix into a sticky dough. Flavor with sweetener, a few pinches of sea salt and ground vanilla bean.
- Cover a mini baking dish with baking paper.
- Put the dough into the baking dish, flatten with a spoon and garnish with shredded coconut and fresh or freeze-dried strawberry slices if desired.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or longer until the dough is firm enough to slice into mini cheesecake squares. I like to make a double batch and store them in the freezer.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- You could also replace the strawberries with raspberries, blackberries, kiwi berries…
- Don’t have any macadamia nuts at home? Replace them with cashews for a higher carb version of these strawberry cheesecake squares.
Nutritional value (per fat bomb)
Net carbs 1.5 g
Protein 1.1 g
Fats 13.5 g
Did you miss the previous recipes from our Go Keto Challenge? Click here to try the Brain Fuel Coffee (intermittent fasting), Keto Granola Bowl (just 4 ingredients!), Asparagus à la flamande with Baked Oyster Mushrooms (great dinner for busy weekdays) and Stuffed Bell Pepper with Hemp Seed Tabbouleh and Tahini Sauce.