- 1 can (1 ½ cup) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups frozen berries
- 1 large pinch of sea salt + 1 large pinch of vanilla powder
- A few drops of pure liquid Stevia (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon hemp or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
Today I’ve got a sweet Valentine’s Day recipe in store for you: a delicious Berry Soft Serve Ice Cream Smoothie Bowl with dark chocolate granola. It makes a great breakfast or dessert to share, and it also happens to be sugar free! I usually have it as a sweet treat or a post-workout snack after a good swim. The smoothie is loaded with antioxidants and very high in vitamin C thanks to the berries – great to boost your energy levels and protect you against colds and the flu. You could pour it into popsicles as well to turn it into a summery ice cream treat!
Berry Soft Serve Ice Cream Smoothie Bowl (Vegan Keto, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- Add the coconut milk, frozen berries, sea salt and vanilla to the blender. Sweeten with a few drops of Stevia (or any other sweetener of your choice). Blend until smooth.
- I also like to add a tablespoon of hemp seeds for extra protein and a tablespoon of MCT oil (available in our online shop). Great to stabilize your blood sugar level, boost your fat-burning metabolism and feel satisfied longer.
- Pour into two serving bowls, and top with extra berries and your favorite granola. I used our ALL GOOD dark chocolate granola made with sprouted buckwheat. It’s gluten and refined sugar free (sweetened with dates) so it won’t give you any spikes in your blood sugar level. Plus: it’s a great source of fiber and antioxidants thanks to the raw cacao, almonds and vanilla. You can check it out right here.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This smoothie will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For a fun flavor variation, replace the frozen berries with other frozen fruit of your choice like pineapple or mango.
- Coconut flakes, cacao nibs and coconut yogurt make great toppings too.
Now I would love to hear from you! Are you looking for more easy sugar free dessert recipes like this berry soft serve ice cream? What kind of desserts would you like me to share? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.