Looking for a quick protein shake that will boost your energy levels and provide you with plenty of plant-based protein and healthy fats? This Banana Chia Protein Shake is packed with essential vitamins and minerals thanks to the addition of several superfoods. You can enjoy it as a quick healthy breakfast, have it as a mid-morning snack or use it to fuel your workouts. It will help you to cope with stress and keep your energy levels high. Belgian Nutrition company Damhert sent me some of my favorite superfoods to play around with in the kitchen. You can check out their superfood product line right HERE.
Banana Chia Protein Shake
SERVES: 2 people (or 1 if it serves as breakfast)
2 cups of almond milk
3 ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
1 tablespoon of maca powder
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 large pinches of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Goji berries (for garnish & extra antioxidants)
- Combine almond milk, banana, cacao nibs, maca powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vanilla extract and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with goji berries and finely chopped cacao nibs to taste.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Banana Chia Protein Shake will stay fresh for at least 1 day in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Maca powder is an incredibly nutritious & energizing superfood. It is really high in B vitamins, which are important for your skin, hair and nails, and it will help your body to cope with stress too. It tastes like caramelized nuts to me.
- Chia and hemp seeds are excellent sources of plant-based protein and omega 3 fatty acids. They will detoxify and energize your body.
- Did you know that goji berries contain over 20 vitamins and minerals? They make a great addition to this Banana Chia Protein Shake!
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite pre-workout snack? Do you prefer a protein shake, an energy bar, fresh fruit or something else? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.