- 1 ½ cup (150 g) shredded coconut or coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup (250 g) almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cacao powder, unsweetened
- Pure liquid stevia, to taste (and/or ½ tablespoon xylitol, erythritol, raw honey)
- A large pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: shredded coconut, chopped cacao nibs, chopped almonds…
Who’s in the mood for a sugar free sweet treat?
As promised, I’m sharing a super easy recipe from my new Start to Keto eBook with you today! But before we dive into these Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bites, I’ve got a few questions for you…
- Would you like to have more energy?
- Do you struggle to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight?
- Are you constantly fighting sugar cravings?
- Do you ever have trouble focusing or experience mood swings?
- Are you a ‘difficult sleeper’, struggling to fall or stay asleep?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, chances are that hormonal imbalances and blood sugar issues are at the root of your symptoms.
The good news is: the solution might be a lot easier than you think.
The most effective way to leave the blood sugar rollercoaster is to simply limit your carbohydrate intake and nourish your body with plenty of healthy fats.
Following a high fat low carb ‘keto’ lifestyle will help you to re-balance your hormones, lower your insulin levels and super fuel your brain.
You can read more about it in our Start to Keto eBook.
After a few weeks of eating high fat low carb, your body will become ‘fat-adapted’. You’ll be less hungry than you used to be, your energy levels will go up and your cravings for sweet snacks will simply disappear.
Would you like to feel more satisfied and energized too?
Adding enough healthy fats to your meals and snacks is the n°1 key to beat sugar cravings for good!
Today’s Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bites with raw cacao are packed with healthy fats and antioxidants that will nourish your skin, satisfy your cravings and increase your body’s production of serotonin – also known as the 'happy hormone'.
A true boost for your energy and your mood!
If you’re looking for more guidance on how to get started with keto + easy plant-based keto recipes, I hope our Start to Keto eBook will give you all the answers you’re looking for.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of these almond butter energy balls so definitely leave a comment down below :)
Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Bites | Vegan Keto Fat Bombs (Sugar Free)
- Mix all ingredients into a sticky dough in a food processor fitted with an S-blade.
- If the dough is too sticky to work with, you can put it in the freezer for ten minutes or longer, until it’s firm enough to shape into balls.
- Scoop 20 equal portions onto a plate, using a mini ice-cream scoop or measuring spoon. Carefully shape into balls. Roll into toppings of your choice.
- Put the balls in the freezer for ten minutes or longer, until they’re firm enough to your taste.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- You could replace the coconut flour with ground flax seed.
- Not a fan of almond butter? Use peanut butter, hazelnut butter (tastes just like Nutella), pumpkin seed butter… Whatever you prefer!
Now I’d love to hear from you!
Do you ever suffer from sugar cravings?
Have you tried adding more healthy fats to your meals?
What is the biggest challenge you’re facing when it comes to health or diet?
Sharing your experience could make a big difference for someone else who is going through the same thing so don’t hesitate to leave a comment down below. We can all help each other!
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (PER BALL)
Total Carbs 5.5 g Fiber 3 g Net Carbs 1.9 g Protein 3.5 g Fats 11.1 g Of which saturated 4.2 g Calories 125 kcal
Macronutrient ratio: calories from carbs (15.8%), protein (10%), fat (74.2%)