Are you having a hard time keeping your energy levels up during these hot summer days? Try this energizing Cucumber Honeydew Soup with Fresh Mint. It will cool you down, keep your body hydrated and put your metabolism on high speed, which means you will be burning tons of calories – even at rest. Enjoy it while soaking up the sun (and vitamin D!) at the beach, take it with you to work as part of your lunch or as a highly nutritious snack, or serve it as a refreshing appetizer during your next summer party.
Cucumber Honeydew Soup with Fresh Mint
SERVES: 2 people (as a starter)
2 cups of very ripe honeydew melon
2 cups of cucumber
1 tablespoon of lime juice (or lemon juice)
2 teaspoons of ‘Shiro’ miso
2 large pinches of chilli powder (or less if you don’t like it hot)
1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh mint (or more to taste)
- Combine honeydew melon, cucumber, lime juice, miso, chilli powder, salt and black pepper in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add fresh mint to taste and mix for a few seconds, so you can still recognize small pieces of mint in the soup.
- Garnish with lime zest and extra fresh mint.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This cucumber honeydew soup will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you want to keep this soup really simple and salt free, you can leave out the Himalayan crystal salt & miso.
- Feel free to replace the honeydew melon with watermelon, cantaloupe, Galia…
- If you like it really hot, you can garnish this refreshing soup with some finely chopped fresh chilli – but don’t forget to remove the seeds first!
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your favorite raw food dish to cool down during summertime? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.