Have you ever wondered what a typical raw vegan breakfast looks like? Mine is usually really simple: I have several large glasses of green smoothie, a few ripe bananas and a small handful of almonds. This Green Tea Energy Smoothie will reduce your cravings for sweet snacks and it will help you to stay energized throughout the day. You can enjoy it for breakfast, as a quick ‘pick-me-up’ snack or even as a light lunch if you drink enough of it (at least a double portion).
Green Tea Energy Smoothie
SERVES: +/- 5 cups
2 cups of chilled green tea
2 large pears, roughly chopped
2 medium bananas, fresh or frozen
½ small grapefruit, peeled and roughly chopped (or orange if you don’t like it bitter)
1 teaspoon of Maca
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 large handful of chards or kale
- Combine green tea, pear, banana, grapefruit and maca in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add spinach and chards to the smoothie. Blend again.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Green Tea Energy Smoothie will stay fresh for at least 1 day in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Looking for more easy green smoothie recipes? Try this Green ‘Protein Power’ Smoothie with Mango & Ginger.
- Maca is made from a root that grows in the highlands of Peru and it is extremely rich in minerals, vitamins and protein. Maca will boost your energy, reduce your stress levels and balance your hormones.
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your favorite green smoothie recipe? I am always on the lookout for new flavor combinations, so share your favorites by leaving a comment down below.