Do you ever grab for an unhealthy snack at night because you’re hungry after a long day at work and you haven’t had time to prepare dinner yet? When I have a busy day ahead with a lot of meetings planned, I like to have a savory snack waiting for me in the fridge like this Lemon & Almond Green Olive Tapenade. I love snacking on something healthy and delicious while I’m cooking dinner. You can have it with carrot sticks, serve it with your favorite crackers as an appetizer or add it to salads & wraps.
Lemon & Almond Green Olive Tapenade
SERVES: 1 large cup
EQUIPMENT: food processor, rubber spatula
1 cup green olives, pitted
½ cup sprouted almonds
2 tablespoons spring onion, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 tablespoon seaweed flakes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon spirulina powder (optional)
¼ teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
Chili, to taste
- Combine olives, almonds, spring onion, capers, seaweed flakes, olive oil, spirulina, lemon zest and chili in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Mix until well combined.
- Serve with your favorite crackers like these ALL GOOD Rosemary Crackers.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Lemon & Almond Green Olive Tapenade will stay fresh for at least 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The seaweed flakes in this recipe replace the anchovy that is added to traditional tapenade. You could also use finely chopped nori sheets.
- Add some freshly grated garlic for a stronger savory flavor.
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite dipping sauce? Do you prefer pesto, nacho cheese, guacamole, nut paté, cream cheese…? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.