Are you looking for a quick protein shake that will keep your energy levels high throughout your workout, improve your endurance, speed your recovery time and balance your hormones? This Maca Cacao Protein Shake contains everything you need to keep your metabolism fired up and your muscles strong.
Maca Cacao Protein Shake
SERVES: 1 person
1 cup of almond milk (or hemp milk, coconut milk, rice milk…)
½ small ripe banana
3 small dates, pitted
1 - 3 teaspoons of Maca powder (depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
½ to 1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder (or any other protein powder of your choice)
½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 large pinches of Himalayan Crystal salt or sea salt
½ tablespoon of cacao nibs (or more)
- Combine almond milk, banana, dates, Maca, chia seeds, hemp protein powder, vanilla extract and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cacao nibs and blend again.
- Garnish with extra cacao nibs or fresh banana.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This protein shake will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- If you prefer a chunkier texture, add the cacao nibs as they are without blending them into small pieces.
- Are you trying to avoid cacao altogether? Just leave the cacao nibs out of the recipe or replace them with carob powder to taste.
Now I would love to hear from you! What's your favorite pre- or post-workout smoothie? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.