Are you looking for a green smoothie that will boost your energy levels, support your immune system and help you to burn fat? I’ve got just the right recipe for you! Today’s Warming Winter Green Smoothie is super creamy, naturally sweet and packed with protein. It’s also really high in B-vitamins and zinc, which is an essential mineral to fight the flu naturally. Thanks to the addition of chlorella powder, this smoothie will also help to eliminate toxins from your body.
Warming Winter Green Smoothie
SERVES: 1 person
1 cup of water
1 small ripe mango, peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium apple, cored and roughly chopped
1 ripe kiwi, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
½ to 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled
½ to 1 teaspoon of chlorella powder (optional)
2-3 large handfuls of leafy greens: spinach, kale, chard, bok choy…
- Combine water, mango, apple, kiwi, hemp seeds, ginger and chlorella powder in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the leafy greens and blend again.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- Don’t have time to make this green smoothie in the morning? Prepare it at night, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and take it with you to work or school the next morning!
- Hemp seeds are a great source of plant-based protein and omega-3-fats.
- Fresh ginger will warm you up and support your immune system.
- Chlorella powder is one of the most powerful detoxification tools to eliminate toxins from your body, including dangerous heavy metals such as mercury.
- Leafy greens will add essential minerals and fiber to your smoothie. They will also keep your blood sugar level stable so you don’t get hungry again 30 minutes after drinking your smoothie.
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite winter breakfast to start your day full of energy? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.