It’s dessert time! In today’s video, I will show you how to prepare a delicious fat free Raw Vegan Berry Banana Ice Cream. This is the perfect summer dessert if you want to lose some weight, gain energy and cool down. The ice cream only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and you don't even need a fancy ice cream machine! Plus… it has a secret ingredient in it ☺
Raw Vegan Berry Banana Ice Cream
SERVES: 1-2 people
EQUIPMENT: food processor, rubber spatula
2 large or 3 small frozen bananas
1 cup of mixed frozen berries
2 tablespoons of date paste (optional)
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine the frozen banana and mixed berries into the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process for several seconds until slightly chunky.
- Add the date paste and vanilla extract. Process again until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh or dried berries.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- The date paste will make the ice cream sweeter and creamier, but if your bananas were really ripe when you froze them and your berries aren’t too sour, you might not feel the need to add extra sweetener.
- You can replace the vanilla extract with vanilla powder or the seeds of a vanilla bean.
Now I would love to hear from you! Do you have a favorite summer dessert recipe you want me to create a raw vegan version of? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
PS: Have you tried this banana almond butter ice cream yet?