Who’s ready for the holidays? I hope this rich and creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse will get you in the party mood! I’ve always been a big fan of the winter holidays, especially if they involve spending quality time with family, eating good food, listening to Christmas music and taking long walks with our miniature dachshund Mr. George :)
The chocolate mousse is really easy to prepare, ready in five minutes with just 4 ingredients. It’s dairy free, sugar free, vegan, paleo, low in carbohydrates and rich in healthy fats. The perfect dessert or sweet snack any time of the year, at least if you love chocolate ;-) It tastes even better chilled so if you have the time – and patience – leave it in the fridge before serving.
I wish you a wonderful end of 2018, a fun start of 2019 and a very abundant year to come!
PS: if you’d love to try our raw vegan cheesecakes (made with nuts, coconut and fruit, no refined sugars) make sure to order your Christmas Cheesecake before Friday December 21st. Also available for New Year (orders before Friday December 28th).
Vegan Keto Chocolate Mousse | Paleo, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth in a strong high-speed blender, or with an immersion blender / food processor. Add extra coconut milk if needed.
- Want to make this chocolate mousse extra decadent? Top it with a spoonful of coconut whipped cream and grated dark chocolate (85% cacao or more). You can find an easy recipe for whipped coconut cream in my book Het Keto Plan. I also like to add a handful of blueberries and a spoonful of keto granola.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- I used 4 tablespoons of keto sweetener to sweeten the mousse. The amount will depend on how much cacao you add and whether you prefer sweeter ‘milk chocolate’ mousse or dark chocolate pudding.
- If you love coffee, try a chocolate mocha mousse with ½ to 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- Really delicious with a spoonful of almond or hazelnut butter too! You could also add two spoonfuls of MCT oil to feel satisfied even longer.
Now I would love to hear from you!
How are you planning to celebrate the holidays?
Do you have a favorite Christmas or New Year’s dessert?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
See you in 2019!
NUTRITIONAL VALUE (PER PERSON)
Total Carbs 29.9 g Fiber 6.1 g Net Carbs 5.7 g Fats 19.5 g Of which saturated 8.9 g Protein 3.6 g Calories 233.6 kcal
Macronutrient ratio: calories from carbs (19.4%), protein (5.8%), fat (74.8%)
Net carbs are under 6g when using xylitol or erythritol. Other sweeteners such as raw honey will give a higher net carb amount.