Looking for a refreshing drink to cool down during summertime? This Watermelon Limeade is super hydrating and naturally sweet. It is ready in less than 5 minutes and all you need are 4 simple ingredients! Did you know watermelon juice makes the perfect sports drink too? It is high in hydrating salts and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium. Thanks to its high water content and low calorie count, it can also help you to slim down and fight cellulite.
SERVES: 4 cups
6 cups of chilled watermelon, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice such as coconut nectar or pure liquid Stevia)
Zest of ½ lime (or more to taste)
1-2 sprigs of fresh herbs, leaves (oregano, rosemary, mint, basil…)
- Combine watermelon, lime juice, maple syrup and lime zest in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the fresh herbs of your choice and blend again.
- Serve chilled or with ice cubes.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Watermelon Limeade will stay fresh for at least 2 days in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- If you put this lemonade in the freezer for a couple of hours and stir it once and a while, you can serve it as a ‘granita’ dessert. Or pour it into a popsicle mold and serve it as ice cream!
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite lemonade flavor? I would love to create new recipes, so definitely leave a comment down below.