Did you know that red cabbage is the ultimate beauty food? It is packed with phytonutrients that help to clear toxins from your body and decrease the formation of wrinkles. Red cabbage is also really high in vitamin C, an important nutrient to keep your skin youthful and radiant + your teeth white and strong. Not sure how to turn your red cabbage into a delicious dish? Try this Fennel, Carrot & Red Cabbage Slaw with Creamy Mustard Dressing!
Fennel, Carrot & Red Cabbage Slaw with Creamy Mustard Dressing
SERVES: 4 people (side dish)
EQUIPMENT: blender, small + large mixing bowl, dehydrator (optional)
Creamy Mustard Dressing (+/- 1 ½ cup)
1 cup of cashews
¼ cup of zucchini, roughly chopped
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon of water (or more if you like it thinner)
1 small date, pitted and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or extra lemon juice)
½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard
¼ + 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
¼ cup of sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon of tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
1 teaspoon of curry powder
Fennel, Red Cabbage & Carrot Slaw
1 small head of fennel, finely sliced
½ small red cabbage, shredded
2 large carrots, shredded
½ cup of parsley, finely chopped
Creamy Mustard Dressing
- Combine cashews, zucchini, water, date, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and white pepper in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and blend again.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, tamari and curry powder in a small mixing bowl. Stir well with a spoon or a fork.
- Serve as they are or dehydrate at 115°F until crisp.
Fennel, Carrot & Red Cabbage Slaw
- Combine fennel, red cabbage, carrot and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Serve with a generous portion of creamy mustard dressing and curried seeds.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Creamy Mustard Dressing will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These curried seeds will stay fresh for several months in an airtight container in a cool, dark place if you dehydrate them until crisp.
- Add 1 or 2 large pears to this slaw for extra freshness.
Now I would love to hear from you! Are you a fan of red cabbage too and if so, what’s your favorite red cabbage recipe? Please let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Looking for more red cabbage recipes? Why not try this Raw Sauerkraut! It will boost your digestion, improve your overall health and help you to get a flatter belly.