Mint and green peas are one of my favorite spring flavor combinations! I love combining them in a refreshing salad, a creamy dipping sauce or a flavorful soup like this Cream of Green Pea Soup with Fresh Mint. Did you know that green peas are great to detoxify your body and feel full & satisfied longer? They are super high in plant-based protein and dietary fiber, as well as essential minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc and manganese. What’s more, green peas are packed with vitamin A & K, both important for strong bones, healthy eyes and clear skin. Enough reasons to treat yourself to this delicious & nutritious soup!
Cream of Green Pea Soup with Fresh Mint
SERVES: 4 ½ cups
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula (optional)
2 ½ cups of peas, fresh or frozen & thawed
2 cups of water
1 cup of zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped (about ½ small zucchini)
½ small clove of garlic 1 heaping tablespoon of sweet ‘Shiro’ miso
2 teaspoons of lime juice, freshly squeezed
¼ + 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (or more to taste)
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
½ small avocado, roughly chopped (optional, if you like it creamy)
1 small handful of fresh mint (about ¼ cup)
- Combine peas, water, zucchini, garlic, miso, lime juice, salt and black pepper in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add avocado and blend again.
- Finally add the fresh mint and blend again.
- Serve with finely chopped spring onion, paprika powder and sprouts of your choice.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Cream of Green Pea Soup with Fresh Mint will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to use frozen peas if you want to turn this soup into a refreshing gazpacho.
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite recipe with green peas? Please let me know by leaving a comment down below.