Have you ever tried raw vegan sushi? It’s one of my favorite quick lunches! Crispy nori seaweed, cauliflower rice, silky avocado cream and plenty of vegetables… I love to experiment with different flavor combinations. Do you have a sweet tooth too? If you are looking for a creative dessert recipe, you should definitely try this Superfood Dessert Sushi. It is filled with nutrients that will make your skin glow and boost your energy levels!
Superfood Dessert Sushi
SERVES: 2-4 people
EQUIPMENT: food processor, blender, rolling pin, plastic wrap
1 cup of almond flour
½ cup of cashews, finely ground
¼ cup of date paste
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 to ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
½ cup of date paste
¼ cup + 2 tablespoon of mixed berries
Fruit of your choice: mango, white peach, strawberry… Hemp seeds
- Combine almond flour and cashews in the food processor. Process until finely ground.
- Add date paste, vanilla extract and salt. Process again until well combined.
Combine date paste and berries in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the sushi dough on top of plastic foil. Cover it with another sheet of plastic foil. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough.
- Remove the upper layer of plastic foil.
- Spread the berry filling on top of the dough.
- Roll the dough into a dessert sushi roll.
- Cut the roll into smaller ‘sushi’ pieces.
- Garnish with finely sliced fresh fruit and hemp seeds.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Superfood Dessert Sushi will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to replace the berry filling with other spreads of your choice like the Hazelnut Chocolate Spread I will be sharing later this month.
Now I would love to hear from you! Do you have a favorite raw vegan sushi recipe? I am always looking for new flavor combinations, so please share your favorites by leaving a comment down below.