Who’s in the mood for a sweet, creamy, tropical breakfast treat? This Mango Coconut Chia Pudding is one of my favorite healthy breakfast recipes. It’s high in protein, fiber and healthy fats so it will keep you satisfied until lunchtime and it also helps to beat sugar cravings. All you need is 4 ingredients + you can easily prepare several servings at once so you have enough for an entire workweek.
Mango Coconut Chia Pudding (Raw Vegan)
- Put the coconut milk in the blender together with the mango, lime juice and zest, sea salt, black pepper and turmeric powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds and mango coconut milk. Stir well with a spoon. Allow the pudding to sit for a few minutes and then stir again (this helps to prevent clumping).
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. The longer you leave the pudding in the fridge, the creamier it will become.
- Stir well before serving and top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes and a few spoonfuls of granola (or mixed nuts and seeds).
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This chia pudding will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can replace the coconut milk with almond milk, rice milk or any other non-dairy milk. By adding a spoonful of nut butter, the chia seed pudding will get even creamier and more flavorful.
Now I’d love to hear from you! Do you like to start your day with chia pudding too? What are your favorite toppings? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Want to try more chia pudding recipes? Have a look at these:
• Vanilla Maple Chia Pudding
• Berry Chia Parfait with Crunchy Cinnamon Granola
• Carrot Cake Chia Pudding with Coconut Yogurt
• Cardamom Chia Pudding with Persimmon Orange Jam
heel lekker en voedzaam