Do you love Greek salads and other Mediterranean dishes? Feta salads used to be my favorite summer lunch! Their simplicity, refreshing taste & authentic flavor got me every single time. I couldn’t resist the urge to create a raw vegan version for you! This Nectarine Tomato Salad with Almond Cashew Cheese Crumble & Basil Vinaigrette bursts with flavor and nutrients. It is the ultimate example that healthy food doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive at all!
Nectarine Tomato Salad with Almond Cashew Cheese Crumble & Basil Vinaigrette
SERVES: 2 people (or 1 person depending on how hungry you are)
EQUIPMENT: blender, dehydrator (optional)
1 cup of zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
½ cup of fresh basil, or more to taste
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of shallot (or onion), roughly chopped
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of mustard
¼ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
3 nectarines, cut into wedges
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
½ red onion, cut into rings
Fresh basil, to taste
Fresh mint, to taste
ALL GOOD Almond Cashew Cheese Crackers, to taste
Combine zucchini, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, maple syrup, mustard, salt and black pepper in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine nectarines, tomato, red onion, fresh basil and fresh mint in a large mixing bowl or on a large serving plate.
- Top with almond cashew cheese crumble to taste.
- Drizzle with basil vinaigrette and save the rest for later.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This basil vinaigrette will stay fresh for at least 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It tastes great on any salad if you ask me!
- Can’t find any nectarines in your neighborhood? Replace them with peaches, mango or other fruits of your choice.
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your all-time favorite ‘classic’ salad: Salad Niçoise, Caesar Salad, Waldorf Salad…? Let me know by leaving a comment down below and I will think of a raw vegan version for you!