Looking for healthy late night snack ideas? Sunday evening Simon & I were planning on watching a movie and I was craving a sweet and salty late-night snack. It was still early and I had a bunch of perfectly ripe avocados waiting to be used, so I came up with this recipe for a Pistachio Avocado Dip. It’s super easy to make! All you need is about 15 minutes, a handful of ingredients and your favorite crackers to serve it with.
Pistachio Avocado Dip
SERVES: 4 people
EQUIPMENT: mixing bowl
1 ripe avocado, pitted and cubed
1 pear, cored and diced
1 small stalk spring onion, finely sliced
1 large handful fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used mint, sage and oregano)
4 tablespoons pistachio nuts, finely chopped
Fresh lime juice & zest, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Black pepper & Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt, to taste
- Chop your avocado, pear, spring onion, herbs and pistachio nuts.
- Combine the pear, spring onion, herbs and pistachio nuts in a mixing bowl. Add lime juice and zest, olive oil, pepper and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Add the avocado and stir again. I like to add the avocado last so it doesn’t get mashed.
- Taste and adjust the flavorings if needed.
- Serve with raw vegetable sticks (carrot, celery, beetroot…) or your favorite crackers. Simon & I enjoyed the salsa with a bowl of ALL GOOD Tortilla Chips.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Pistachio Avocado Dip stays delicious for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Not a fan of pistachio nuts? Replace them with other nuts or seeds of your choice, like almonds, pumpkin seeds or macadamia nuts.
Now I would love to hear from you!
What are your favorite late-night snacks? Some of my current favorites are salted rice cakes with nut butter and banana, homemade popcorn with sea salt and cacao coconut sugar, or coconut quinoa porridge with coconut yoghurt & homemade granola.
I’d love to give your favorite late-night snacks a try too, so definitely let me know what your favorites are by leaving a comment down below!