I absolutely love watermelon in the summer time. It is one of my favorite refreshing and nourishing snacks during those hot sunny days. Did you know it also makes the perfect base for naturally sweet and delicious Sugar Free Watermelon Lemonade? Take this pretty pink drink to your next backyard barbecue or family gathering and get the party started!
SERVES: 4 medium glasses
6 cups watermelon
1 cup strawberries, frozen (optional)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
10 drops of pure liquid Stevia (or 1 tablespoon of maple syrup)
1 handful of fresh mint (optional)
Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Garnish with some fresh mint.
JULIE’S TIPS AND TRICKS:
- If you put this lemonade in the freezer for a couple of hours, you can serve it as a ‘granita’ or ‘sorbet’. The simplest desserts are often the most delicious ones!
- Looking for the green smoothie effect? Add some spinach, green leaf lettuce or romaine to the mix in order to keep a neutral sweet taste.
- Want to add a bitter touch to this sweet lemonade? Add a few pieces of grapefruit or a few leaves of kale. Don’t add too many greens, or the lemonade will turn into a brownish color!
- If you want to turn this lemonade into a ‘true’ cocktail, add ½ cup of vodka and some more Stevia to taste. You can also add some sparkling water or ice cubes.
- If you are really looking to impress your family and friends, add some fruit ice cubes made out of strawberries or watermelon and water. They make this pink drink even more appealing!