Today I’m going to show you how you can make delicious low carb ‘rice’ with… cauliflower. This Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh with Teriyaki Cashews is really easy to make, perfect as a quick lunch or dinner, and you can add any veggies you like. I used cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mixed greens and alfalfa sprouts, topped with avocado and a simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil and coconut vinegar to boost the flavor of the cauliflower rice and add extra healthy fats and antioxidants. If you’re not a big fan of raw cauliflower, you can lightly sauté the ‘rice’ with some extra virgin coconut or olive oil, onion and spices too.
I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe so definitely let me know in the comments :)
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh with Teriyaki Cashews (Vegan, Grain Free, Keto, Paleo)
- Cut the cauliflower in small pieces. Place the florets in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and process a few seconds at a time using the ‘pulse’ button until you get a cauliflower ‘rice’ consistency.
- Put the cauliflower ‘rice’ in a large mixing bowl together with the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, greens and alfalfa sprouts. Mix well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and coconut vinegar.
- Top with avocado (great to beat sugar cravings!) and teriyaki cashews for extra flavor and healthy fats.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- If you store the tabbouleh and the dressing in separate containers, the salad will stay fresh for at least 2 days in the fridge.
- If you’re taking this salad with you on the go as a quick lunch, it’s best to put the dressing in a separate container and add it right before serving.
- Coconut vinegar has a mild sweet flavor. It’s made from 100% pure coconut sap (the juice from coconut blossoms) and it’s a great source of vitamin C. You could replace it with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice as well.
Now I would love to hear from you!
Do you have any questions about keto, intermittent fasting or what my diet now looks like?
Are there specific recipes or tips you’d like me to share in the new keto eBook I’m working on?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
PS: looking for more information about keto & intermittent fasting + easy low carb recipes? Start HERE.