Looking for a healthy Easter candy recipe that is vegan, gluten free ánd sugar free? These No-Bake Coconut Macaroon Nests with Chocolate Eggs taste just like ‘Bounty’ chocolate bars. They’re sweet, chewy and a fabulous source of healthy fats = perfect to boost your fat-burning metabolism and beat sugar cravings. I always have a batch in my freezer, absolutely addictive if you’re a lover of chocolate and coconut!
I’ll be back soon with more low carb recipes. Our new keto book (available start of June) is almost finished & I’m also working on a new eBook :)
Sugar Free Easter Candy: No-Bake Coconut Macaroon Nests with Chocolate Eggs (Low Carb, Vegan Keto, Paleo)
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate and toppings, in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Mix until well combined. Add extra water if needed for binding.
- Shape the dough into small macaroon nests. The easiest way is to roll the dough into small balls and press each one down with the palm of your hand and your thumb.
- Put the macaroon nests on a plate lined with baking paper or plastic foil and place them in the freezer for 10 minutes or longer, until they’re firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler ‘au bain-marie’. I usually use a saucepan and a bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the chilled macaroon nests. Garnish with crushed almonds and goji berries, or other toppings of your choice.
- Put them back in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Make yourself a nice cup of tea and… get ready to dive in!
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- You can store these chocolate candies for at least 3 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or 2 months in the freezer.
- If you prefer to use a different type of sweetener, you can replace the erythritol with 3 to 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, coconut nectar or raw honey (higher carb). In that case, you probably won’t need the water for binding.
Now I would love to hear from you!
Do you have any questions about keto, intermittent fasting or what my diet now looks like?
Would you like to try more sugar free dessert recipes? Any dessert in particular you’re thinking of?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
PS: want to turn your body into a natural fat-burner while still enjoying sweet treats? Join us during our keto workshop on Thursday night April 19th in Kortrijk! For more information and to book your seat, click HERE.