It’s time to unleash your inner cookie monster! Cashews, dates, vanilla and sea salt – that’s all you need to create ooey-gooey raw vegan cookie dough. Now let’s take it one step further by adding chocolate chips and guess what we’re left with… Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites! These little ones are delicious on their own but they would make a great addition to banana ice cream too. Now go make them!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
SERVES: 18 cookie dough bites (with a scoop of 1 tablespoon)
EQUIPMENT: food processor, rubber spatula
1 cup of cashews
½ cup of dates, pitted and roughly chopped (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (optional, only add this if you like coconut)
1 ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
¼ + 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (start with ¼ teaspoon and add to taste)
2 large pinches of cinnamon
½ cup chocolate chips
- Place your cashews in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process again.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix again until well combined.
- Finally, add your chocolate chips and pulse to mix.
- Shape your dough into small chocolate chip cookie dough bites and place them in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 month.
- For a variation on this recipe, replace the cashews with almond flour. Or how about using oats for a nut free version?
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite type of cookie? I would love to create a gluten & sugar free vegan version of it, so let me know by leaving a comment down below.