Have you ever tried a delicious piece of raw vegan chocolate? Chocolate that is totally free of refined sugars, dairy, gluten, unhealthy saturated fats, flavor enhancers and harmful preservatives? Does such a thing even exist? Oh yes it does :) And I am going to show you how to make Raw Vegan Chocolate Chips in just 5 minutes. That’s even faster than going to your local shop to buy your favorite chocolate bar… And a lot healthier too!
Raw Chocolate Chips
SERVES: 1 cup (250 ml)
EQUIPMENT: blender, chocolate molds
1 cup of coconut oil, melted
¾ cup of cacao, unsweetened
¾ cup of maple syrup (or date paste, coconut nectar...)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (optional)
1 large pinch of Himalayan Crystal salt or sea salt
- Heat the coconut oil until it turns liquid. Remove the oil from the stove and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Combine coconut oil, cacao, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a blender. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate sauce into small molds of your choice. Place the chocolate sauce in the freezer or refrigerator until it becomes solid.
- Remove the chocolate from the molds. If needed, cut or break the chocolate into the size of your choice.
JULIE’S TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Are you allergic to cacao? Replace the cacao with carob powder and reduce the amount of sweetener.
- Are you crazy about chocolate candies with a surprise filling? Pour your chocolate molds half full and add a filling of your choice. You could experiment with different kinds of nuts, goji berries, dried coconut, organic orange peel… Fill the molds with extra chocolate and place them in the refrigerator.