As promised in my previous recipe video for Low Fat Raw Vegan Carrot & Apple Spread with Almond Pulp, I am going to show you how to use this sweet & spicy spread as part of an easy raw vegan lunch: Low Fat Detox ‘Rainbow’ Wraps with Mango. These delicious wraps will detoxify your body and activate its fat-burning hormones thanks to the addition of wild garlic, chives, ginger and turmeric. Enjoy them with a big bowl of protein-rich quinoa (cooked or sprouted) and they will help you to lose even more weight. Perfect for our 30-day flat belly challenge! You can watch the recipe video here.
Fat-Burning Detox Wraps with Mango & Carrot Ginger Spread
SERVES: 6 large wraps
EQUIPMENT: chef knife, cutting board, toothpicks
1 cup of mango, finely sliced
½ cup of red cabbage, finely shredded
½ cup of red bell pepper, julienned
½ cup of zucchini, julienned
½ cup of carrot, julienned
1 large handful of wild garlic (or just leave this out)
1 large handful of chives (or replace with spring onion)
Carrot Ginger Spread with Almond Pulp
6 large leaves of Chinese cabbage (remove part of the stem, flatten with rolling pin…)
- Select the largest cabbage leaves and rinse well.
- Trim away half of the thick stem on each cabbage leaf. This will create a pliable wrap. You can also use a rolling pin to flatten the cabbage leaves.
- Cover each cabbage leaf with several tablespoons of the carrot-ginger spread.
- Then add mango & vegetables to taste.
- Roll each leaf into a wrap and secure it with a toothpick. Enjoy!
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- These wraps will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Feel free to prepare them at night and take them with you as a healthy lunch the next day. Just know that they will lose some of their taste after 2 days or longer.
- You can definitely have this wrap as a light dinner too. Serve it with a creamy tahini dip for extra flavour and nutrients.
- Wild garlic is also called ‘bear’s garlic’ because bears search for it when they come out of hibernation; it helps them to clean their stomach, intestines and blood. The green leaves are highly alkalizing and detoxifying, especially the baby spring leaves.
Now I would love to hear from you! What are your 3 favorite raw vegan lunch recipes to enjoy at work? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.