Ever heard of overnight oats? It’s basically a no-cook way of making oatmeal: instead of cooking your oats on the stove, you mix rolled oats with liquid & other mix-ins, and you let them sit in the fridge overnight. These Fig Almond Butter Overnight Oats are perfect if you crave something sweet in the morning but you don’t want a spike in your blood sugar level that will leave you feeling hungry way too soon after breakfast. It’s such an easy grab-and-go breakfast and it saves you the hassle of having to cook oats in the morning. Don’t forget to add some nut butter on top, it really takes these overnight oats to the next level!
Fig Almond Butter Overnight Oats
SERVES: 1 person
EQUIPMENT: mason jar (to take your oatmeal with you on the go)
¾ cup almond milk, unsweetened (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
½ cup oats
1 small ripe banana, sliced
1 to 2 small dried figs, finely chopped (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Vanilla powder & cinnamon, to taste
Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Toppings: nut butter, nuts or seeds, fresh or dried fruit, granola…
(I used almond butter, almonds, ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola, coconut flakes & fresh fig)
- Put the rolled oats and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- Add vanilla powder, cinnamon and sea salt to taste. Stir well with a spoon.
- Add the sliced banana and chopped figs, and then pour the milk on top.
- Now you could add your other toppings, but I like to add these in the morning so they stay nice & crunchy. I used almond butter, roughly chopped sprouted almonds, ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola, lightly toasted coconut flakes & fresh fig.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- These Fig Almond Butter Overnight Oats will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The chia seeds will make these overnight oats extra satisfying and nutritious thanks to the plant-based protein & healthy omega-3-fats.
Now I would love to hear from you! Have you ever tried overnight oats or do you prefer warm oat porridge? What are some of your favorite flavorings & toppings? Definitely let me know by leaving a comment down below.