To celebrate the launch of my newest book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten Mediterraan’, I want to introduce you to the Mediterranean keto lifestyle and show you how you can combine the unique health benefits of the Mediterranean diet with the power of healthy fats for increased energy, a stronger immune system and healthy fat-burning metabolism.
At the moment the book is only available in Dutch (Nederlandstalig) but we are looking for a foreign publisher to make it available in English too so if you know anyone who could help us, let me know in the comments or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
If you’d like to find out more about keto and the benefits, you can read this blogpost on ‘keto for beginners’.
Keto is short for ‘ketosis’, a natural metabolic state where your body burns fat for fuel instead of just relying on glucose (sugar) for energy.
Mediterranean refers to the lifestyle and eating habits of the people who live in the Mediterranean region (Italy, Spain, Greece, Lebanon…), a lifestyle that has been named the world’s healthiest diet year after year thanks to its powerful health benefits.
Recent scientific studies have now shown that the combination of the Mediterranean and keto lifestyle offers incredible results when it comes to overall health and longevity, weight maintenance and mental health. You can read more about it in my new book.
The Mediterranean keto eating pattern focuses on:
- Wild fish and seafood, especially small fatty fish such as sardines and mackerel
- Vegetables in abundance
- Fresh herbs and spices such as garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme
- Olives and extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts and seeds
- Low sugar fruit such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, lime and lemon
- Organic free-range eggs
- Organic free-range poultry
How can I find out if this eating pattern is right for me?
Maybe these questions will give you some insights:
- Would you like to wake up in the morning feeling energized and clearheaded?
- Would you like to reach ánd maintain a healthy natural weight without counting calories?
- Do you often crave sweet snacks and would you like to stop those sugar cravings?
- Would you like to improve your performance at work, and feel more focused and energized throughout the day?
- Are you struggling to get into your favorite pair of jeans or dress? Would you like to feel better in your skin?
- Are you sensitive to gluten, dairy or sugar but do you still want to enjoy tasty meals and desserts that your family and friends love too?
Those are only a few reasons to give the Mediterranean keto lifestyle a try.
We were planning on traveling to the Mediterranean for the photography but had to cancel our travel plans twice, first Mallorca, then Italy, because of covid-restrictions. Luckily our food photographer Heikki Verdurme already had beautiful seaside pictures in his repertoire and we also discovered ‘Zalig aan Zee’ in Damme (a medieval Flemish city between Bruges and the Belgian coast): www.zaligaanzee.be
On the outside, the location looks just like any other house in Damme but when you enter... Hola Ibiza! Instant holiday feeling :) The house has been beautifully renovated in a traditional Mediterranean style with lots of natural stone, wood, and earthy colors. This way we could bring the Mediterranean closer to home. I’ve added a few pictures from the new book in this blogpost. :)
Want to find out more about the benefits of Mediterranean keto and try tasty recipes?
Have a look at my new book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten Mediterraan’ (currently only available in Dutch) with more than 70 quick and easy Mediterranean recipes, a ‘super burner plan’ with 21 meal plans, shopping lists, meal prep tips, and much more.
All recipes are gluten free, grain free, sugar free and mostly dairy free. A combination of vegan, vegetarian, fish and poultry.
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter (by entering your name + email at the bottom of this page) to receive a selection of recipes from the new book in your inbox (translated to English for you).