In these peculiar times of worldwide panic about the Corona virus, I wanted to share my Top 5 Tips on how to naturally boost your immune system, together with 9 anti-inflammatory recipes to increase your energy, support your health and keep your metabolism strong.
I also have some exciting news about my new book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten’ because it’s finally here! Since many ‘physical’ shops have currently closed down, the easiest way to get the book (in Dutch) is by ordering it online through our web shop by clicking HERE or through other online stores. Just Google and you’ll find plenty of options to have it safely delivered to your doorstep :)
It has over 70 new recipes that will naturally increase your energy levels, super boost your metabolism ánd lower inflammation so perfect to naturally strengthen your immune system!
I also included tips for better sleep and mental health, which are equally important for optimal health, especially now with all the anxiety around the Corona virus.
How are you doing? The past couple of days have been quite surreal, haven’t they?
I felt myself going from worried and anxious to calm and accepting, with a few minor panic attacks in between. As a major control freak and perfectionist, I’ve been trying to let go and live more consciously in the moment. There are several resources that have helped me to feel more peaceful inside and take care of my mental health first and foremost, together with prioritizing healthy food, quality sleep, movement and fresh air.
If you’re open to spiritual transformation, listen to this uplifting channeled message about the Corona virus by Sara Landon.
Deepak Chopra has several videos on how to deal with the worldwide panic, including practical tips and guided meditations for healing.
- On how to quiet your mind and choose positive thoughts
- On how to deal with the Corona virus panic
- Practical steps + a meditation
If you’re constantly checking the news and feeling increasingly worried about getting ill, these videos by Abraham Hicks might put things in a different perspective.
- On physical healing and health
- On the influence of the media & how we can attract wellness instead of illness
If you find yourself feeling anxious, alone, fearful or even depressed, know that you are not alone in this and that we can support each other, even from afar. I hope the tips and recipes down below will help you to calm down and nourish both your body and mind.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment with any suggestions or resources you may know of that can help us all to naturally strengthen our immune system, find more inner peace and positively move forward during these challenging times.
I hope you and your loved ones are safe, and I’m sending you a warm virtual hug.
Top 5 Tips to Naturally Boost Your Immune System
These tips are just a short version of what you can find in my new book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten’. I hope they will help you to stay safe and healthy!
1. Choose fresh natural whole foods instead of processed foods. I know it’s not advisable to get out a lot given the circumstances, so try to stock up once and a week for fresh produce, and also get a few bags of frozen vegetables, frozen berries…
2. Nourish your body with:
- plenty of healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, avocado, nuts and seeds, and omega 3 from small fatty fish, sea vegetables and/or a good supplement
- high quality protein to keep your energy levels and fat-burning metabolism up
- and a rainbow of colorful vegetables, in particular mushrooms with medicinal properties like shiitake and all leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables like kale and chard, broccoli, Brussels sprouts…
Season your dishes with anti-inflammatory foods like fresh ginger and turmeric root, garlic, onion, chili pepper, parsley, cilantro…
3. Try to move your body as much as possible and get a daily dose of fresh air and sunlight if you can: a daily walk, an at-home workout (like the 15-minute workout from Go Keto) or yoga session, regular sitting-breaks and stretching, or work at a standing desk…
4. Try to get 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep in a dark, quiet, cool room and try to finish eating 2 to 3 hours before bedtime so your body can regenerate at night. To me this is the greatest challenge since I tend to lie awake worrying during stressful times and usually wake up extremely early, even when it’s still dark outside but that’s where the next tip can help…
5. Try to strengthen your body and mind, and reduce stress through meditation, daily walks in nature, deep breathing and mindfulness. Spiritual teachers that have helped me tremendously include Eckhart Tolle, Abraham Hicks, Deepak Chopra and Wim Hof.
9 Anti-Inflammatory Recipes to Increase Your Energy, Strengthen Immunity & Keep Your Metabolism High
Packed with vitamin C, heart-healthy fats and fiber to support your gut health and beat colds!
Matcha has been used for centuries in Japan because of its health benefits and antioxidant properties. Scientists have found that it can help to increase your energy levels, boost your metabolism and detoxify your body. A recipe from my new book Keto in 15 Minuten.
Do you love golden milk and chai latte? Then you need to try this Brain Fuel Turmeric Latte for intermittent fasting, with your breakfast or as a snack. It has fresh turmeric root, a South Asian spice that is known for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties.
With cucumber, lemon, leafy greens and ginger. A great drink to support your immune system and protect yourself against the flu and colds.
Did you know that chard is a real powerhouse vegetable, packed with essential minerals such as calcium and magnesium? The taste reminds me of a mix between spinach and beetroot greens: refreshing and mildly sweet with an earthy taste. I love it crispy sautéed with heirloom tomatoes and mustard seeds, a colorful vegan dish from Keto in 15 Minuten.
This cheeseburger with a Portobello mushroom ‘bun’ has all the taste of the fast food classic and none of the junk. I like to pair it with colorful veggie fries made from root vegetables such as parsnip, carrot and beetroot. A fantastic source of slow complex carbohydrates that will support your gut flora and give your body that little extra dose of energy. A family favorite from Keto in 15 Minuten.
A delicious and quick one-pot-meal packed with healing spices such as ginger, turmeric, chili and cilantro. Full of vitamins and amazing flavor!
‘Cause we could always use an extra dose of happiness… Treat yourself to this irresistible fat-burner chocolate bar, packed with healthy fats and antioxidants that will support your immunity ánd your mental health by increasing your body’s production of serotonin, the ‘happy hormone’. A 5-minute recipe from Keto in 15 Minuten.
Dark chocolate. Almond butter. Just wait until you have that first bite… Better make a double batch ;-)