Let’s talk about sugar cravings.
Do you often get ‘hangry’ or tired in between meals, with a strong urge for sweet snacks?
Have you ever tried quitting sugar for 10 days, only to find yourself stuffing your face with cookies or ice cream at day 3 because the only thing you could think of was ‘I WANT SUGAR’?
Countless scientific studies have shown that dieting, counting your calories and limiting your portion sizes doesn’t work. I’ve written an entire chapter about it in my book Het Keto Plan.
Plus: the more you focus on what you can’t have, the more you will crave it.
The solution? Replace your favorite sweet snacks and meals with healthier alternatives that are rich in healthy fats and vitamins like today’s recipe for Strawberry Chia Pudding with Granola. It’s one of my favorite breakfasts to have before a workout because it’s loaded with healthy fats, topped with slow carbohydrates and plant-based protein to fuel your muscles and keep you satisfied for hours.
The granola I used today is our newest Power Peanut Keto Granola, with organic peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and coconut. It’s completely sugar free, gluten free and a fantastic source of fiber. Unlike traditional granola, it’s naturally low in carbohydrates, high in healthy fats and a good source of protein. Perfect if you wish to lose weight, build strong muscles and improve your concentration and focus.
If you’d like to try it, you can order it right HERE. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
Strawberry Chia Pudding with Keto Granola
- Add the coconut milk, strawberries, almond butter and salt to the blender. Sweeten with stevia to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Optionally, you can also add a spoonful of lucuma (to add some natural sweetness and minerals) and MCT coconut oil to keep you satisfied longer and increase your mental clarity.
- Pour the strawberry coconut milk on top of your chia seeds in a mixing bowl and stir well. Put it in the refrigerator overnight so it has the time to thicken (the chia seeds will absorb the liquid).
- Right before serving, add a handful of berries and a few spoonfuls of granola.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This strawberry chia pudding will stay fresh for at least 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Don’t have strawberries at home? Replace them with other berries such as blackberries, raspberries… or a mix of your favorites. Most health food stores and supermarkets sell frozen berries too so feel free to use those when fresh berries aren’t in season.
- If you’re allergic to peanuts, have a look at our Super Cinnamon Keto Granola :) A great way to kick-start your day!
Now I would love to hear from you!
Do you often suffer from sugar cravings?
Do you feel like you need sweet snacks to keep you energized and happy throughout the day?
Would you like to find out more about how you can feel more satisfied, no longer get ‘hangry’ in between meals, and cut down on your sugar intake without having to give up on all your favorite treats?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Want to find out more about the high fat low carb ketogenic lifestyle and how it has helped me to break free from food cravings? You can read more about it (including 7 delicious and easy-to-make low carb meals) right HERE.