If you like green tea and you enjoy a bowl of creamy porridge in the morning, you’ll love this low carb breakfast recipe for Matcha Chia Pudding!
It’s so easy to make and great for meal prepping; if you prepare a triple serving, you’ve got breakfast sorted out for 3 days. The recipe is sugar free, gluten free, keto friendly and you can make it vegetarian or vegan (= dairy free).
Matcha is a premium green tea powder from Japan with an intense ‘green’ and fruity flavor. It’s a great alternative to coffee – especially if you’re looking for extra energy and mental clarity in the morning.
Matcha is also very high in antioxidants (one cup of matcha tea equals ten cups of regular green tea) and is said to help with weight loss, liver cleansing and healthy skin.
The combination of the avocado and vanilla protein turns this matcha chia pudding into the creamiest sweet breakfast or afternoon snack. Add a spoonful of MCT oil to keep you satisfied even longer and to beat sugar cravings.
Would you like me to share more easy low carb breakfast recipes? Let me know in the comments.
Low Carb Breakfast: Matcha Chia Pudding
- Blend the almond milk, avocado and matcha powder into a creamy milk. Flavor with vanilla protein or keto sweetener to taste and add a handful of fresh mint and a spoonful of MCT oil (to keep you satisfied for longer) if you wish.
- Pour the milk into a large glass jar and stir in the chia seeds. Leave to sit for 30 seconds, stir again, and repeat until the chia seeds start absorbing the liquid and turn into a firm pudding.
- Place the pudding in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight). The longer you wait, the creamier the pudding will become.
- Serve with (vegan) natural yoghurt, a handful of berries and coconut flakes. Leave out the fruit for a lower carb version.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- Do you love breakfast with a crunchy topping? Serve this matcha chia pudding with a few spoonfuls of ALL GOOD granola. The granola is low carb + vegan + gluten free.
- I used Biotona matcha tea powder.
Would you like me to share the recipe for the pink raspberry chia pudding too? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Nutritional value (without toppings)
Carbohydrates 5.7 g
Protein 25 g
Fats 38 g
Calories 515 kcal
Nutritional value (with toppings)
Carbohydrates 7.5 g
Protein 30.9 g
Fats 46.8 g
Calories 636.5 kcal