Do you love sun-kissed strawberries dipped in chocolate as much as I do? Now that fresh berries are back in season, I’ve got a light low carb breakfast recipe for you: a Fat-Burner Chocolate Smoothie Bowl topped with ALL GOOD keto granola, local summer berries, and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.
I used local Belgian berries from BelOrta, they are so sweet and packed with vitamins. Enjoy them as a snack on the go or on top of your breakfast like this chocolate smoothie bowl. I love using berries in baked goods or chia pudding too, like this Chia Pudding with Strawberries.
The smoothie only contains 6 ingredients, and it will keep you satisfied for hours thanks to the avocado and MCT oil. Instead of using frozen banana, I use frozen zucchini chunks to give the smoothie a ‘soft serve ice cream’ texture – irresistible on a hot summer day.
Have you ever tried a smoothie with frozen zucchini?
As a crunchy topping I added dried coconut chips and our ALL GOOD chocolate hazelnut keto granola. Our granola is gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and vegan. A delicious low carb alternative to classic cereal.
If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups and Nutella: add a spoonful of peanut butter or hazelnut butter to the smoothie. So good that you could even have it for dessert. The combination of peanut butter and raspberries is simply irresistible. :)
Got leftover summer berries? Put them in the freezer for a few hours and use them to replace ice cubes in a refreshing cocktail/mocktail.
Keto Breakfast: Fat-Burner Chocolate Smoothie Bowl (Low Carb, Vegan, Dairy Free)
- Blend the almond milk with the frozen zucchini, the avocado, the chocolate protein powder and the cacao powder into a creamy smoothie.
- Add a spoonful of MCT oil to support your fat-burning metabolism and feel full for longer.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with ALL GOOD keto granola, berries and melted dark chocolate (at least 85% cacao) if desired. You can also take the shake with you ‘on the go’.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- For a higher carb version replace the frozen zucchini with frozen fruit such as raspberries, strawberries (both low carb) or banana (carb-up).
- For extra flavor, add cinnamon, maca or nut butter such as peanut butter (‘snickers’) or hazelnut butter (‘nut-tella’).
- This smoothie tastes amazing with light coconut milk instead of almond milk too.
Would you like me to share more quick breakfast recipes or low carb post-workout snacks to support your natural fat-burning metabolism? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Nutritional value (per person, without toppings)
Carbohydrates 6.4 g
Protein 18.6 g
Fats 38 g
Calories 453 kcal
Nutritional value (per person, with toppings)
Carbohydrates 9.8 g
Protein 23 g
Fats 51 g
Calories 611 kcal