Are you looking for a quick and easy low carb dessert that is grain free, sugar free ánd dairy free? This Berry Parfait with Macadamia Custard and Keto Granola makes the perfect dessert for Easter or your next summer barbecue. It’s packed with fiber, rich in healthy fats and loaded with powerful antioxidants that will help to keep your skin young and vibrant.
The recipe is super easy to throw together and a real flavor bomb too. You can prepare the custard in advance and assemble the parfaits right before serving so the granola stays nice ‘n crunchy.
If you’d like to make your own grain and sugar free ‘keto’ granola, you can find one of my favorite low carb granola recipes (gingerbread granola!) in our Start to Keto eBook.
PS: thank you for your wonderful feedback on the pre-sale launch of our upcoming cookbook ‘Go Keto’. It’s been such a joy to read all your comments and positive replies. I can’t wait to have the book translated into English too :) Will keep you posted!
PS 2: if you’d love to find out more about keto & intermittent fasting and how you can turn your body into a natural fat burner, join us during our upcoming ‘Go Keto VIP Workshop’ in Ghent on Saturday May 18th! Click HERE for all the details and to book your seat.
Berry Parfait with Macadamia Custard (Vegan Keto, Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free)
- For the custard: blend macadamia nuts, water, keto sweetener, lemon juice, MCT oil, turmeric, vanilla and sea salt until creamy. Taste and adjust the flavoring if needed.
- Chill the custard at least 1 hour before serving. The cooler, the thicker it will become.
- Layer the parfaits with berries, macadamia custard and granola. Garnish with some fresh lime zest if desired. Enjoy!
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- For a higher carb custard, replace the macadamia nuts with cashews. You could also use blanched almonds, those are richer in plant-based protein and will give your dairy free custard a subtle ‘marzipan’ flavor.
- Don’t have a powerful blender at home? Soak your macadamia nuts overnight (then you can start with 4 tablespoons of water while blending the custard) or grind them into fine flour with a coffee grinder or small food processor before adding them to your blender.
- For a super quick berry parfait, you could replace the custard with store-bought natural coconut yogurt or almond yogurt too (unsweetened).
Now I would love to hear from you!
Do you have any questions about keto, intermittent fasting or what my daily diet looks like?
Would you like to share a keto success story?
I’d love to hear about your experiences and how I can help you, so leave a comment down below.
Nutritional value (per person – macadamia custard only)
Net carbs 2.1g, Protein 2.7g, Fats 29g, Calories 290kcal
Nutritional value (per person – with berries and keto granola)
Net carbs 7g, Protein 5.6g, Fats 36g, Calories 395kcal