It’s an incredibly easy recipe that only takes 15 minutes of prep time and gets super tasty and golden brown in the Airfryer or oven. I use the Philips Airfryer XXL, one of the fastest ways to make this recipe (if you’re using a regular oven, it takes twice as long). Excellent for busy weekdays!
You can use vegan mince, chicken, turkey, whatever you prefer. As usual, I try to add as many vegetables to the dish as possible, so you will find some ‘hidden’ veg in the filling too. :)
Serve the stuffed vegetables with a nice salad or a generous serving of cauliflower or broccoli mash, a recipe you can also find in our English Keto Made Easy Meal Plan eBook.
What do you like to cook on busy weekdays? Oven dishes, pasta, quick stir-fries… Would you like to see more Airfryer recipes on the blog?
Any suggestions are most welcome in the comments, I’d love to try your favorite quick meals!
Next week I’ll be back with an irresistible vegan chocolate dessert. No one will suspect it’s sugar free ;-)
Keto in 15 Minutes: Stuffed vegetables (+ vegan options)
- Preheat the Airfryer or oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Slice the ‘hat’ off the top of each zucchini and tomato, and carve the inside using a spoon, reserving the flesh. Put the zucchini and tomato shells and hats in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Finely chop the reserved zucchini flesh for the filling. Finely slice the celery, spinach and basil too. Mix with the mince, the egg and the almond flour (= replaces bread crumbs). Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each zucchini and tomato with the filling. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and bake for 20 minutes in the Airfryer or 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- I used the Philips Airfryer XXL, one of the quickest ways to make these stuffed vegetables. Are you using a different airfryer? Baking times may vary so make sure to check if the mince is cooked through before serving it.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Serve with a simple salad or a few spoonfuls of cauliflower or broccoli mash (a recipe you can find in our Keto Made Easy Meal Plan eBook).
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- For a vegan version use minced tempeh, tofu or hempfu, and replace the egg with a chia or flax ‘egg’ (= 3 tablespoons chia or ground flax seeds mixed with a little water).
- For a higher carb version you can replace the zucchini and/or tomato with mini pumpkin or replace the vegetables in the mince filling with carrot, parsnip, peas… If you do, lower the amount of olive oil used to make it higher carb lower fat.
- Want to boost the flavor even more? Add a handful of finely chopped olives or two tablespoons of pesto to the filling.
What do you like to cook when you’re short in time? Would you like to see more Airfryer recipes on here? Any ideas for quick meals are most welcome so leave your suggestions in the comments down below.
Nutritional value (per person)
Net carbs 8.4 g, Protein 32.5 g, Fats 32.3 g, Calories 463 kcal
Did you miss the previous blogposts from our ‘Keto in 15 Minutes’ book launch challenge? You can check them out right here: