Are you looking for a tasty alternative to your regular cup of coffee or cappuccino? Today I’m sharing 5 Vegan Superfood Lattes that are really energizing, packed with ‘glowing skin’ antioxidants and just freaking delicious :)
Although I LOVE the flavor of coffee, I tend to get quite nervous/hyperactive/jittery whenever I have caffeine so I’m always looking for fun alternatives to ‘normal’ cappuccino and latte macchiato. If I’m truly honest, the best part of a cappuccino to me is the foamed milk on top. I have been reported to secretly spoon out the milk foam from co-workers cappuccino while no one’s watching :).
We have a Philips LatteGo 5400 coffee machine at our ALL GOOD atelier in Bruges and I also have one at home because it makes the best foamed milk ever! It’s a fully automatic espresso machine and you can also use it to froth milk, so perfect to make lattes and authentic cappuccino in the blink of an eye. It’s also super easy to clean = more time for the fun things in life.
Since I’m very sensitive to dairy, I always use a vegan milk alternative. Some of my favorites include oat milk, coconut milk and almond milk (hazelnut milk and macadamia nut milk are really nice too!). Oat milk barista is hands down the best vegan milk to create that luscious milk foam. It is higher in carbohydrates though, so not ‘keto proof’. Light coconut milk, almond milk and organic soy milk are all low carb. Some brands foam really well, others don’t so I would advise you to test which ones you like best.
These are the 5 Vegan Superfood Lattes that I’m bringing you today:
- Green Matcha Latte, if you love green tea, great for mental clarity and energy as an alternative to coffee.
- Golden Milk Chai Latte, really warming and soothing for your digestion. I usually use a bag of this Golden Chai collagen with turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom & more. It is marine based so not vegan; for a plant-based chai latte, just add chai spice to taste.
- Chocolate Maca Latte, for dark chocolate lovers! With raw cacao and optionally a spoonful of maca powder, excellent for hormonal health. Maca is made from the maca root; it has a mild sweet flavor that reminds me of the inside of Maltesers chocolate candy balls. Maca can also help with stress and energy.
- Post-Workout Beetroot Latte, great for strong muscles and speedy recovery after exercise + excellent for blood flow and to restore a healthy energy balance. If you like you can also add a small teaspoon of ginger powder or freshly grated ginger for a warming spicy hit.
- Last but not least: a beautiful purple Blueberry or Maqui Berry Latte. Both are similar in taste and loaded with antioxidants that help to reduce inflammation and nourish your skin.
I’d love to hear which of these vegan superfood lattes you like most (my favorites are beetroot, matcha and dark chocolate) so definitely leave a comment down below.
It would also help me tremendously if you could give the video a thumbs up & subscribe to our YouTube channel. :)
Enjoy the creamy lattes!
5 Vegan Superfood Lattes (Keto Friendly)
- Mix the (plant-based) milk of your choice (such as unsweetened almond milk, light coconut milk, organic soy milk, barista oat milk…) with flavorings of your choice (see ingredients). I pour both in a jar, close the lid and shake well to mix the flavorings with the milk.
- Pour the superfood milk in the Philips LatteGo 5400 milk container and adjust it to the coffee machine. Switch on the machine, put a large mug or heat-proof glass underneath and select ‘More Drinks’ on the display. Use the arrows to select the option for milk froth, and press ‘play’.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
Would you like to calculate the nutritional value of your vegan latte with milk of your choice? Go to www.cronometer.com, fill out the ingredients + measurements and you’ll get a detailed overview, including carbs/fats/protein. For example: unsweetened almond milk with matcha is keto friendly, whereas barista oat milk with blueberries is somewhat higher in carbs. It all depends on which milk you use and which latte flavor you choose.
Which vegan superfood latte is your favorite? Or do you prefer this cappuccino with a shot of espresso?
Would you like me to share a recipe for healthy lemonade or icetea too?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.