Spring is my favorite season of the year. The days are getting longer, the sun is shining and everything seems to come back to life! Colorful flowers, blooming trees, jumping lambs… it doesn’t take much to make me happy ☺ This Pasta Primavera with Creamy Alfredo Sauce will bring spring to your plate. It’s everything a good plate of pasta needs to be: satisfying, creamy and jam-packed with flavor!
Pasta Primavera with Creamy Alfredo Sauce
SERVES: 2 people
EQUIPMENT: spiralizer, blender, rubber spatula
Alfredo Sauce (makes 6-8 servings)
1 ½ cup of zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
¾ cup of cashews
2 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
½ tablespoon of white ‘Shiro’ miso
½ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (or more to taste)
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
4 medium zucchini, peeled and spiralized into pasta
2 large carrots, peeled and spiralized into pasta
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 cup of peas, fresh or frozen & thawed
4 stalks of green asparagus, raw & cut into thin slices or steamed
1 small handful of fresh dill
1 small handful of fresh mint
1 small handful of fresh basil
¼ cup of black olives, pitted and finely chopped
¼ cup of raisins, finely chopped
¼ cup of pine nuts, raw or lightly toasted (depending on your taste)
- Combine zucchini, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso, salt and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Peel your zucchini and carrots, and turn them into noodles using a spiralizer or mandolin.
- Mix the noodles with the alfredo sauce right before serving.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, peas, green asparagus, dill, mint, basil, black olives, raisins and pine nuts.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This Creamy Alfredo Sauce will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Add cooked quinoa or cooked legumes such as green lentils, black beans, chickpeas… for extra protein & fiber. This will make a super filling and nutritious meal!
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your favorite pasta dish? Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce & Meatballs, Penne al Pesto, Pasta with Roasted Vegetables, Mac & Cheese… Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Did you like this Pasta Recipe? Check out this Zucchini Pasta with Basil Hemp Pesto too!