Looking for tasty recipes that will allow you to whip up a quick & satisfying lunch or dinner in no time? Try this Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho! It’s the perfect soup for a late summer day, but you could also serve it as a Southern appetizer or a refreshing first course during one of your cozy dinner parties. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!
Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho
SERVES: 2 generous bowls
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula
3 ½ cups cucumber
1 ½ cup pineapple
1 tablespoon shallot
1 ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
5-10 drops of pure liquid Stevia
¼ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
2 large handfuls fresh basil
1 tablespoon spring onion OR basil, chopped
1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- Combine cucumber, pineapple, shallot, ginger, Stevia and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the fresh basil and mix again, but short this time.
- Serve with freshly chopped spring onion or basil and pistachios. Bon appétit!
JULIE’S TIPS AND TRICKS:
- If you’re not a huge fan of basil, try replacing the Italian herb with fresh mint.
- This gazpacho tasted equally amazing if you replace the pineapple with mango, honeydew or watermelon. If you’re using mango, don’t forget to limit the amount of Stevia and to add a tablespoon or more of lemon or lime juice.
Do let me know what you think of this Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho!