Having you been indulging in too many sweet and treats during the holiday season? I definitely have! When the New Year comes, I always try to give my body a break by drinking lots of water and herbal tea, and by enjoying as many smoothie bowls as my heart desires. Today’s Pomegranate Berry Smoothie Bowl is one of my current favorites. It’s the perfect breakfast or post-workout snack to boost your energy levels and get fit fast!
Pomegranate Berry Smoothie Bowl
SERVES: 1 person
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of frozen berries
1 large ripe banana (or 2 soft pitted dates)
½ fresh pomegranate, seeds
1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Toppings of your choice: sprouted pumpkin seeds, dried coconut, cacao nibs, granola, dried berries, sprouted almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh fruit…
- Combine almond milk, frozen berries, banana, pomegranate seeds, hemp seeds and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your pomegranate berry smoothie in a bowl.
- Now you can add any toppings you like. I used sprouted pumpkin seeds, mulberries, goji berries, natural coconut flakes, finely chopped cacao nibs and some ALL GOOD Crunchy Cinnamon Granola crumble.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This pomegranate berry smoothie will stay fresh for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Fresh pomegranate seeds are really high in fiber so they are great to boost your digestion.
Now I would love to hear from you! Do you prefer drinking your smoothie straight from a glass or do you prefer scooping it out of a bowl with plenty of toppings? What are your favorite smoothie bowl toppings? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.