Have you always dreamed of a healthy cookie recipe that tastes like heaven, doesn’t stick to your thighs and allows you to eat all the cookies you want? This low fat raw vegan recipe for sticky apple cinnamon cookies will finally fulfil your dreams! Time to unleash your inner cookie monster :)
Sticky Apple Cinnamon Cookies
SERVES: 15-20 cookies (depending on the size)
EQUIPMENT: food processor, large mixing bowl, dehydrator (or regular oven)
6 apples, peeled and roughly chopped (about 4 ½ cup)
½ cup raisins
½ cup dates, pitted and finely chopped
½ cup almond meal (optional)
10 drops of Stevia
10 drops of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of cardamom (optional)
1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (optional)
- Place the apples in the food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Pour the apples into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put the raisins and dates into the food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the chopped apples, almond meal, Stevia, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Mix into a smooth dough.
- Form the cookie dough into forms of your choice. The dough will be quite moist, so round cookies will be the easiest choice.
- Place the cookies onto a dehydrator tray lined with a Teflex sheet. Dehydrate at 115°F for 20 hours or more, until they are dry and sticky on the outside and slightly soft on the inside.
JULIE’S TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Store these cookies for at least 10 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Replace 3 of the apples with sweet pears for a different flavour combination.
- Do you prefer firmer dough? Add ½ extra cup of dates to the recipe and skip the Stevia.