Are you looking for a delicious sugar free alternative to classic lemonade and diet soda? Try this super simple Sugar Free Cranberry Lemonade. It is completely free or refined sugars, toxic colouring agents, preservatives and other harmful additives such as artificial sweeteners. Sweeteners like aspartame aren’t just toxic to your body, but they will also make you fat. Sounds crazy, right?
Hundreds of scientific studies have shown that they cause even greater weight gain than ‘regular’ refined sugar for the following reasons:
- They stimulate your appetite by messing with your hormones
- They increase your cravings for sugary foods and refined carbohydrates like bread, cookies & pizza
- They stimulate the storage of fat in your body
So let’s ditch the diet soda and prepare a delicious sugar free alternative today!
Sugar Free Cranberry Lemonade
SERVES: 1 person
EQUIPMENT: strainer, pitcher or jug, spatula or spoon
1 ½ cup of red bush tea, chilled
½ tablespoon of dried hibiscus flowers
½ cup of orange juice, freshly squeezed
3 tablespoons of cranberry juice, unsweetened
Pure liquid Stevia, to taste (or coconut nectar, date paste, maple syrup...)
- Combine the red bush tea and the dried hibiscus flowers in a large pitcher or jug. Stir and leave to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour everything into a strainer in order to remove the hibiscus flowers. Catch the red bush tea in a large glass, a jug or even a mason jar.
- Add the freshly squeezed orange juice, unsweetened cranberry juice and Stevia (or any other sweetener of your choice). Use a spatula or a large spoon to mix everything together.
- Finish with a slice of fresh orange.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This cranberry lemonade will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The dried hibiscus flowers will give this cocktail its nice pink colour. If you want this cocktail to look like red wine, just add more hibiscus flowers or leave them to sit overnight.
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your favorite cocktail or lemonade? Let me know by leaving a comment down below & I will create a raw vegan version for you!