What was your favorite type of ice cream sundae as a child? Mine used to be banana split: several balls of vanilla ice cream topped with fresh banana, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. My favorite dessert right now is raw vegan cheesecake. So why not combine both desserts and turn them into a Banana Split Cheesecake Parfait? This dessert is creamy, crunchy, sweet and refreshing all at the same time! Oh, and if you would like to turn this into a Banana Split Ice Cream Sundae meets Cheesecake Parfait, just add a few scoops of banana ice cream like this Banana Almond Butter Ice Cream or this Banana Chai Ice Cream. Heaven! Thank me later ☺
Banana Split Cheesecake Parfait
SERVES: 2 to 3 people
EQUIPMENT: small food processor, blender, rubber spatula
Cacao Nib Almond Crumble
1 cup of white almonds
½ cup of dates, pitted and finely chopped
1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
1 cup of cashews
1 ½ medium ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of liquid sweetener of your choice (date paste, maple syrup, coconut nectar…)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Extra cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
Cacao Nib Almond Crumble
- Put your almonds in a small food processor fitted with an S-blade and process until roughly ground.
- Add the dates and process again until well combined.
- Now add your cacao nibs, vanilla extract and salt. Process again for several seconds to mix it all together. Set this aside in a bowl while you make your banana cream.
- Put your cashews in your small food processor and process until finely ground.
- Put the banana, sweetener, lemon juice, vanilla extract and cashew flour in a blender. Make sure the soft and liquid ingredients stay close to the blades. And then… blend until smooth!
- Fill each serving bowl with some cacao nib almond crumble.
- Top the crumble with a large spoonful of banana cream.
- Add banana slices (or other fresh or dried fruits if you wish).
- Top with more banana cream and cacao nib almond crumble.
- Garnish with goji berries and cacao nibs. Or how about some raw vegan chocolate chips?
- Put this parfait in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool down – or just dive in immediately ☺
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This almond crumble will stay fresh for at least 3 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator; the banana cream for 3 days or longer.
- Not a big fan of banana? Just replace it with another type of fruit, like berries or pear. Those combine really well with cacao too.
Now I would love to hear from you! What is your favorite ice cream sundae? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.