Today I’m treating you to a Summer dessert from my new book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten Mediterraan’: Frozen Yoghurt Bars.
You can use traditional Greek yoghurt but I prefer to make them dairy free with vegan coconut yogurt, very creamy and packed with flavor.
This recipe is so easy! All you need to do is mix the yoghurt with a few flavorings, pour it into a baking tray lined with parchment paper and garnish it with toppings of your choice like berries, shredded coconut, nuts or seeds, ALL GOOD keto granola…
Pop it in the freezer to firm up, cut into bars and you’re done!
I also like to add a large spoonful of ALL GOOD MCT oil to the filling, it will help you to feel more satisfied and beat sugar cravings.
Another idea: add small chunks of dark chocolate (at least 85% cacao) for a stracciatella flavor. Or try the combination of ALL GOOD peanut keto granola with dark chocolate chunks and sliced strawberries, heaven! Whatever floats your boat :)
Tip: make a double serving and store the bars in the freezer, this way you’ll always have a sweet refreshing snack in the house when those cravings hit (and you can share them with friends and family too).
I’d love to hear what you think of these frozen yoghurt bars so leave a comment down below.
It would also really help us if you give the video a thumbs up on YouTube and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
You can find the full recipe down below and in my new book ‘Keto in 15 Minuten Mediterraan’.
Keto Dessert: Frozen Yoghurt Bars (Vegan options + Dairy Free, Low Carb, Sugar Free)
- Mix the yoghurt with the ALL GOOD MCT oil, vanilla powder (ground vanilla bean) and a few pinches of sea salt. Flavor with keto sweetener (add enough because the sweetness will decrease once the filling is frozen into bars).
- Cover an oven dish with baking paper. Pour in the yoghurt, as thick as you like. Garnish with toppings of your choice: I used raspberries, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, hemp seeds and chia seeds.
- Put it in the freezer for 2 hours or a little longer, until the yoghurt is completely frozen (but not rock hard because then you won’t be able to cut it into pieces).
- Cut the frozen yoghurt filling into smaller pieces and store them in the freezer.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- You can use traditional Greek yoghurt (vegetarian) or a vegan keto friendly alternative such as ‘yogurt’ made from coconut, almond or soy. Always choose the unsweetened full-fat variety for keto.
- Extra ideas for toppings: melted dark chocolate (at least 92% cacao), strawberries, blackberries, ALL GOOD keto granola…
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite Summer dessert? Would you like more keto baked goods and sweet treats? Let me know by leaving a comment.
Nutritional value (per piece with unsweetened vegan soy yoghurt, no fruit)
Carbohydrates 0.4 g (polyols from keto sweetener not included), Protein 2.5 g, Fats 4.2 g, Calories 52.5 kcal
Nutritional value (per piece with unsweetened vegan coconut yoghurt & raspberries)
Carbohydrates 2.2 g (polyols from keto sweetener not included), Protein 1.3 g, Fats 10.2 g, Calories 105.5 kcal