Who would like to try one of these Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream Popsicles? I don’t think there’s any dessert I love more than ice cream! As a toddler, my favorite used to be Neapolitan wafers with vanilla, chocolate & strawberry – have you ever tried them? Then I moved on to chocolate covered hazelnut ice cream pops, vanilla soft serve and everything coconut :)
These ice cream popsicles have it all: creamy coconut, dark chocolate, tangy raspberries and a hint of vanilla. They’re raw vegan, so dairy free, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. I also added an alternative that is completely sugar free, just in case you’d like to try the vegan ‘keto’ version. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!
Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream Popsicles | Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
SERVES: 4 people
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula, popsicle molds
2 ripe avocados, pitted
1 small cup (80 - 90 g) cacao powder, unsweetened
1 cup (210 ml) light coconut milk, unsweetened (or almond)
½ cup (110 ml) maple syrup (or Stevia/xylitol to taste for a sugar free ‘vegan keto’ version)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
large pinch of ground vanilla + sea salt (optional)
2 handfuls of raspberries, fresh or frozen
1. Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
2. Put the melted coconut oil, avocados, cacao powder, coconut milk, maple syrup, ground vanilla and sea salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Taste and add extra cacao and sweetener, if needed, until the avocado is no longer detectable. Some avocados have a stronger flavor than others.
4. Pour the chocolate mousse in popsicle molds together with the raspberries and put them in the freezer until fully frozen.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
• These popsicles will stay fresh for at least 1 month in the freezer.
• Not a fan of raspberries? Replace them with blueberries, pitted cherries, blackberries, strawberry slices…
Now I would love to hear from you! What are your top 3 favorite ice cream flavors? Are you a fan of classic flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry… or do you prefer ‘fancier’ ice cream like peanut butter cookie dough, raspberry cheesecake, salted caramel…? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.