Is there anything more comforting during these cold winter days than a cup of hot chocolate? This Raw Hazelnut Chocolate Milk is just as creamy and sweet as the real thing, but without the dairy & refined sugars. It is packed with essential nutrients that will boost your energy levels & increase the production of your ‘happy hormone’ serotonin! Perfect to beat the winter blues ☺
Raw Hazelnut Chocolate Milk
SERVES: 4 cups
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula
3 cups hazelnut milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
½ heaping cup soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped
6 tablespoons cacao powder, unsweetened
¼ cup cashews (optional, for extra creaminess)
1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional, these add a nice crunch & deep chocolate flavor)
1 large pinch Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Combine hazelnut milk, dates, cacao, cashews, cacao nibs and sea salt in your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with extra cacao nibs and goji berries.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This chocolate milk will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- I’m using homemade hazelnut milk because I love the flavor of hazelnuts with chocolate, but you could use any plant-based milk of your choice: almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk…
- Did you know that by adding just a pinch of salt, you really bring out the natural sweetness of the dates?
- You can choose to heat your chocolate milk until it’s nice and warm, you can enjoy it at room temperature or serve it chilled during summertime.
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite comfort food drink during wintertime? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Are you looking for more delicious winter ‘comfort food’ drinks? Try this Creamy Chai Latte, treat yourself to a Pumpkin Pie Detox Smoothie, or how about a glass of Caramel Apple Pie Shake with Gingerbread Crumble?