When I first started out as an entrepreneur with Julie’s Lifestyle during the summer of 2012, I was worried that my busy schedule would prevent me from staying successfully raw. After all, who has the time to create complicated raw vegan recipes when you still have 10 other tasks on your to-do list? Don’t get me wrong: I love spending several hours in the kitchen creating gourmet raw vegan meals for my friends and family. But during the week I want to keep things as simple and quick as possible, like this 10-minute Tomato Avocado Detox Salad. It only contains 4 simple ingredients and it will satisfy you for hours thanks to the heart-healthy fats of the avocado. Bon appétit!
Tomato Avocado Detox Salad
SERVES: 2 people
EQUIPMENT: chef knife, cutting board, mixing bowl
4 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
2 small handfuls of cilantro
2 stalks of green onion
Freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste
Himalayan Crystal salt or sea salt, to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Chili Powder, to taste (optional)
1 avocado, pitted and finely sliced
- Combine cherry tomatoes, cilantro and green onion in a mixing bowl. Dress with lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top with the finely sliced avocado, chili powder and extra cilantro.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- This tomato avocado detox salad will lose its taste pretty quickly when you put it in the refrigerator, so try serving it as fresh as possible. If you’re short on time, you can prepare it at night and take it with you for lunch the next day, but only add the salt before serving.
- If you don’t like cilantro, replace it with basil or other fresh herbs of your choice.
- Serve this tomato avocado detox salad with your favorite salad greens and a big bowl of herbed quinoa or zucchini pasta al pesto.
Now I would love to hear from you! What other quick raw vegan detox recipes would you like me to create? Let me know by leaving a comment down below.