Today we are making raw vegan Chocolate Coffee Truffles! Unlike conventional chocolate candy, these truffles are completely free from dairy, refined sugars and unhealthy fats. Thanks to the combination of raw cacao, ground coffee beans and maca powder they will increase your energy levels, boost your mood and speed up your fat-burning metabolism. I love having them as a pre-workout snack when I’m on the go. They will definitely give you that quick energy burst that you’re looking for!
Chocolate Coffee Truffles
SERVES: 16 small truffles
EQUIPMENT: small food processor, rubber spatula
1 teaspoon of chia seeds, soaked for 5 minutes in 1 ½ tablespoon of water
1 cup of cashews
½ cup of soft dates, pitted
¼ cup of cacao nibs
½ to 1 teaspoon of ground coffee beans (depending on your taste)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon of maca powder
1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Cacao nibs, finely ground
- Combine your chia seeds with 1 ½ tablespoon of water in a glass or small bowl. Stir well with a spoon and set the glass aside for a few minutes. The chia seeds will absorb the liquid and turn into a gel. This chia gel will act as a binder in the truffles.
- In the meantime, put your cashews in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Grind into fine flour.
- Add the dates and process again until finely ground.
- Add the chia gel, cacao nibs, ground coffee beans, vanilla extract, maca powder and salt. Process until well combined.
- Roll the dough into small truffles.
- Coat the truffles with finely chopped cacao nibs.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- These Chocolate Coffee Truffles stay fresh for at least 1 month in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Not a big fan of raw cacao nibs? You could use any toppings you like such as dried coconut, chia seeds, orange zest, hemp seeds, poppy seeds, almond flour…
Now I would love to hear from you! What’s your favorite chocolate snack? Do you prefer candy bars like Twix or Snickers, simple dark chocolate, chocolate truffles with exotic fillings like wasabi or lemongrass… Let me know by leaving a comment down below.