Happy Valentine gorgeous! I hope you are celebrating this ‘love feast’ with that special someone in your life… And if you are a happy single, that means you! It’s like Buddha said: “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection”. So what better way to practice self-love than to take care of your body & soul by deeply nourishing them with yummy raw food recipes? This Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse isn’t particularly low in fat, but it is a super easy and quick recipe to treat yourself and your loved ones to a healthy dessert. And remember… You are loved!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse
SERVES: 2 beautiful lovers… or an extra portion for you to enjoy
EQUIPMENT: blender, rubber spatula (optional)
5 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 cup of coconut milk or water
1 ½ large & ripe avocado
6 tablespoons of cacao, unsweetened
6 tablespoons of date paste (or more to taste)
4 tablespoons of carob powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 pinches of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
pinch of cinnamon
- Melt the coconut oil until it turns liquid by putting it on a warm stove or by using a double boiler. Remove the oil from the stove or double boiler and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the coconut oil, water, avocado, cacao, date paste, carob,vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon in the blender. Blend until smooth. You might want to use a rubber spatula to scrape off the sides of the blender, to make sure that every last bit of cocoa or carob powder gets mixed in. Just make sure the spatula doesn’t hit the blades.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
- Do you prefer the intense taste of dark & slightly bitter chocolate? Replace the carob powder with pure, unsweetened cacao and add extra sweetener to taste.
- Garnish this chocolate mousse with dried goji berries or cherries, add fresh raspberries or use granola crumble to top it off!