I love the sweet & spicy taste of vegan gingerbread as well as the luscious texture of raw vegan truffles, so what better way to enjoy both than by combining them into one recipe for Raw Vegan Gingerbread Truffles? These little bites of love contain five of my favorite warming spices: classic cinnamon, spicy ginger, citrus-y cardamom, nutty cloves and sweet star anise. You could even use the dough for funny gingerbread men or a huge gingerbread house!
Raw Vegan Gingerbread Truffles
SERVES: 25-35 truffles (depending on the size)
EQUIPMENT: food processor
Gingerbread Spice Mix (makes enough for several batches of truffles)
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of cardamom
1 tablespoon of ground cloves
½ teaspoon of star anise
1 cup of almond flour
1 cup of crunchy sprouted buckwheat (or more nuts)
¾ cup of cashews, ground into a flour
6 tablespoons of date paste
Pure liquid Stevia, to taste
½ teaspoon of gingerbread spice mix
¼ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Gingerbread Spice Mix
Combine all spices into a small food processor or coffee grinder, and grind into a fine powder.
- Combine almond flour, buckwheat groats, cashew flour, date paste, Stevia, gingerbread spice mix and salt into the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Mix into a thick dough.
- Roll the dough into small truffle balls.
- Coat the truffles with extra gingerbread spice.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- If you prefer truffles with a neutral taste, avoid coating them with extra gingerbread spice.
- If you like the combination of gingerbread and chocolate, try rolling these truffles in ground cacao nibs or coat them with a layer of raw chocolate
Let me know if you like this recipe and what other recipes you would love to try! Have you tasted these raw marzipan truffles yet?