Do you like to have something sweet in the morning but do you want to keep it healthy and nourishing as well? These Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats taste just like dessert for breakfast and they’re really filling too. I love the combination of the soft creamy oats with the crunchy granola and the sweet & sour flavor of the cherries against the bitterness of the chocolate. If you’re a fan of dark chocolate, I think you’ll love this breakfast!
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
SERVES: 1 person
EQUIPMENT: mason jar (to take your oatmeal with you on the go)
¾ cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened rice coconut milk)
1 ½ tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
½ tablespoon maple syrup, or more to taste
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup oats
½ cup cherries, fresh or frozen and thawed
Toppings: toasted almond flakes, shredded coconut & ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola
1. Combine the milk with the cacao powder, chia seeds, maple syrup and sea salt in a glass jar. Close the lid and shake well.
2. Add the oats, close the lid and shake again.
3. Put the oats in the refrigerator overnight so they can absorb the chocolate milk.
4. Top the overnight oats with the thawed cherries, toasted almond flakes, shredded coconut and your favorite crunchy granola (I used ALL GOOD Vanilla Coconut Granola) right before serving. Almond butter makes a great topping too!
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
• Are you a fan of overnight oats? Check out this recipe for Almond & Fig Overnight Oatmeal too.
• These Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats stay fresh for at least 3 days in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
• The chia seeds will make this overnight oatmeal extra satisfying thanks to the protein & healthy fats.
Now I would love to hear from you! What do you like to have for breakfast in the morning? Avocado on toast, a creamy green smoothie, chia pudding, granola with fruit, oatmeal porridge, a sandwich with chocolate hazelnut spread… Definitely let me know by leaving a comment down below.