Are you short in time during the week and always on the lookout for quick and healthy meals? Are you looking for easy low carb recipes that will give you plenty of energy and help support your fat-burning metabolism?
Here’s a Full Day of Eating with Low Carb Recipes and Meal Prep Tips in Philips Airfryer XXL: from breakfast and snack to lunch and dinner.
I love starting my day with something sweet like this strawberry chia pudding or this keto porridge, but sometimes I prefer something savory. This Baked Egg in Avocado will keep you satisfied for hours thanks to the healthy fats and protein, and it’s so easy to make. Did you know you can prepare eggs in the air fryer? Great as a quick breakfast or brunch option, or even as a light lunch with a side salad or a bowl of vegetable soup (here are two warming fall soups for you: pumpkin soup with ginger and low carb broccoli soup).
Do you love to meal prep your lunch to save time during the week too? I often prepare several serving sizes of smoked tofu, chicken or turkey in the air fryer and save them in the fridge for a few days; great as a Low Carb Salad Bowl with mixed lettuce and a nice salad dressing. You can buy a bag of pre-washed lettuce if you’re short in time. A bit of tomato or cucumber on top, and a simple vinaigrette of extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, black pepper, and sea salt. Try this fat burner salad dressing or this tahini sauce too.
Got some leftover cooked vegetables from the night before? Those make a great lunch on the go too! One of my personal favorites is smoked tofu or chicken from the air fryer with green beans, lettuce, and avocado. :-)
In need of a quick ‘pick-me-up’ snack in the afternoon? Try this Low Carb Granola with Coconut and Cinnamon. You can take it with you in a bag or jar in the car, to work or school. It’s ready in just 5 minutes with the Philips Airfryer XXL and you can make a big batch so you have enough for several weeks (store it in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 month). I also love serving it for breakfast with natural (vegan) yoghurt, or for dessert with freshly whipped (vegan) cream and berries.
After a long day at work, you’re probably not in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen. Air fryer to the rescue! This Mustard Crusted Fish with Grilled Vegetables is perfect for busy weekday nights because the entire dish takes just 15 minutes to prepare, and you can cook everything at once in the air fryer. While the fish and vegetables cook, you have time for other household chores… or to relax. :-)
Enjoy these low carb recipes and let me know which one you’ll try first in the comments!
Full Day of Eating: Low Carb Ontbijt, Tussendoortje, Lunch en Dinner (Philips Airfryer XXL)
Baked Egg in Avocado (2 people)
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the stones and a little bit of the avocado flesh (don’t throw it away, just eat it J) so that the wholes become bigger. Crack an egg into each of the four halves.
- Cook for 6 minutes or longer, until the egg whites are done.
- Remove the avocados from the air fryer and garnish with pink (or black) pepper, sea salt, fresh parsley, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you wish.
- Serve with sliced cucumber. You could also top the avocados with crumbled feta and/or smoked salmon or mackerel for a bigger meal. I love them with ALL GOOD rosemary crackers too (low carb, gluten free and raw vegan).
Low Carb Granola with Coconut and Cinnamon (325 g)
- Put the baking accessory in the air fryer, spoon in the coconut oil and melt the oil at 320°F (160°C).
- Add the other ingredients to the oil (with a sprinkle of sea salt and keto sweetener to taste, if you wish) and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Bake the granola mixture for 5 to 8 minutes at 320°F. Stir the granola regularly so it doesn’t burn.
- Leave the granola to cool for a few minutes and store it in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator or in a cool dark place.
Mustard Crusted Fish with Grilled Vegetables (2 people)
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the mustard on top of the fish and place the cod fillets in the air fryer basket.
- Cut the fennel, zucchini, and sweet bell pepper (deseeded) in smaller pieces of about the same size so they cook evenly and as quickly as the cod. Place them alongside the fish in the air fryer basket and season with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes or longer (the cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish fillets), until both the vegetables and fish are tender enough to your taste. Sprinkle a handful of pine nuts on top of the fish and bake for another two minutes or so (they will get lightly golden).
- Remove the fish and roasted vegetables from the air fryer and serve them with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Are you very hungry? Double the serving size of the vegetables.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- To make the granola, combine any nuts or seeds of your choice: pecan, macadamia, almond, walnut, brasil nut, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed…
- Feel free to replace the cod with other fish such as hake, wild salmon, sea bass, turbot…
Now I would love to hear from you!
Do you like to meal prep to save time in the kitchen too?
Would you like me to share more meal prep tips or easy weekday recipes?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.
Nutritional value low carb granola (per 100 g)
Carbohydrates 6 g
Protein 9.6 g
Fats 67.7 g
Calories 679.3 kcal
Nutritional value baked eggs in avocado (per person, without cheese/fish)
Carbohydrates 4.5 g
Protein 14 g
Fats 30.3 g
Calories 370 kcal
Nutritional value fish with grilled vegetables (per person)
Carbohydrates 12 g
Protein 36.5 g
Fats 32.2 g
Calories 495 kcal